About Angel’s Garden
Angel’s Garden is a Young foundation established on 8 june 2007 and domiciled in Purmerend (The Netherlands). Our mission is to help handicapped adolescents and chronically ill children in Suriname who are falling between two stools. For these young people no day, night or weekend care is available. This makes them dependent on their families and restricts their social contacts. Angel’s Garden wants to provide a home for them to break the barriers of their social exclusion.
This annual Report is on the 18nd of march 2014 approved by the board of Angel’s Garden.
Board and meetings
In 2013 the board of Angel’s Garden assembled five times.
Survey of important events.
* In this year the chairwoman of Angel’s Garden ,Zoelaiga Herfst , made a business visit to Surinam. During a meeting in District Commewijne ,which was organized by the District Commissioner of Commewijne, the chairwoman of Angel’s Garden explained the main goals of Angel’s Garden.
* August the chairwoman of Angel’s Garden accepted the approval for Angel’s Garden from the Ministry of Social Affairs and the Ministry of Public Health.
* On November 18 th, after a course of seven stressful years, Angel’s Garden was finally able to accept the written agreement , presented by the Government of Surinam. It’s á matter of one parcel hectare in District Commewijne. The board of Angel’s Garden is very grateful towards the Surinam Government on this matter, as well as the District Commissioner Ingrid Karta-Bink and parliamentarian Jenny Warsodikromo ( DNA). The next goal is to collect the needed amount of money by fundraising.
* One the 3rd of April, Angel’s Garden has moved to a new office space, located at Orlyplein 85, Amsterdam ( Regus Building).The rental contract is valid for one year.
* The director of the Maagdenhuis in Amsterdam, Mr, de Jong, assurd Angel’s Garden of his continuing support for the project of this foundation. Mr, de jong is being informed about the latest developments of Angel’s Garden on a regular basis.
* The foundation have added a link to an English translation of our website. It’s a way to reach more people.
Finding motivated volunteers is still a problem.
Now there is a search for motivated helpers who really like to do volunteer work.
Angel’s Garden is hoping that word-of-mouth –advertising will help.
Owing to a shortage of motivated volunteers, angel’s Garden was unable to carry out it’s planning activities.
However the board stay optimistic and hopes to find people who carry Angel’s Garden in their hearts.
There are new donation letters.
Angel’s Garden will be actively following this course in the next year.
Angel’s Garden priority is to receive enough financial support to realize the main goal of the foundation.
Angel’s Garden has applied for an ANBI-registration with the tax authority. The tax authority have informed the foundation by letter that Angel’s Garden will soon get the requirements. Angel’s Garden is hoping to receive more financial support because of this development.
* Starting the first face of building the project.
* Sending donation letters
* Raising funds and subsidies
* Make an active effort to find volunteers
* Expanding our Social Network